Looking for Participants

  • darnellbradley
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 10:00 AM
      My name is Darnell Bradley, and I am a doctoral student at Northern
      Illinois University.

      You are invited to participate in a study of Transgender Identity
      Formation in African American MtF transgenderists. I hope to learn
      how you arrived at your self discovery and the role of your family
      and your church or religious affiliation. At the end of this study,
      I plan to have a knowledge base that illustrates the process of
      identity formation for African American MtF transgenderists. Your
      participation in this study is optional, and at any time during our
      discussion you can choose to terminate the interview.

      Once you elect to participate, we will set a time to connect via AOL
      Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger-(or your preferred
      instant messaging service). The conversations have no time limit,
      however you may terminate the conversation any time if you no longer
      wish to continue.

      Your responses will be used to expand the knowledge base on
      alternative lifestyles within the African American community, and
      how we can better understand ourselves. In the reporting of the
      data, any information that can be identified with you will remain
      confidential and will not be disclosed.
    • Leethaniel Brumfield
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 10:29 AM
        Thanks! However, I'm not transgender & I don't have any close friends who are....But good luck with the study!

        darnellbradley <darnellbradley@...> wrote:
[...]

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Leethaniel Brumfield

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 6:44 PM
            Mr. Bradley,
            although I am not a transgendered person there are quite a few that attend the church I belong to.  I would be more than happy to pass this information on to them to see if they are interested.

            Peace and Blessings
            Larry

[...]

            " Life is still worth living, people are still worth loving, and God is still worth trusting."

          • JL Pressley
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3 9:56 AM
              Mr Bradley,
              This has been a very interesting year for me as a FtM
              Transgendered Male. What has been the most interesting
              piece for me is how the GLB Community has openly
              embraced and encouraged my MtF sistahs but have not
              opened the door for FtM conversations. I am just
              wondering as a man, a Deacon and fellow labourer in
              the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who taught to love your
              neighbor as you love yourself, when does the door of
              ACCEPTANCE open for the male population of
              transgenders?
              Please get back to me with your thoughts.

              The Deacon - Unity Fellowship Church, DC

              --- darnellbradley <darnellbradley@...> wrote:

              > My name is Darnell Bradley, and I am a doctoral
              > student at Northern
              > Illinois University.
              >
              > You are invited to participate in a study of
              > Transgender Identity
              > Formation in African American MtF transgenderists. I
              > hope to learn
              > how you arrived at your self discovery and the role
              > of your family
              > and your church or religious affiliation. At the end
              > of this study,
              > I plan to have a knowledge base that illustrates the
              > process of
              > identity formation for African American MtF
              > transgenderists. Your
              > participation in this study is optional, and at any
              > time during our
              > discussion you can choose to terminate the
              > interview.
              >
              > Once you elect to participate, we will set a time to
              > connect via AOL
              > Instant Messenger, MSN Messenger, Yahoo
              > Messenger-(or your preferred
              > instant messaging service). The conversations have
              > no time limit,
              > however you may terminate the conversation any time
              > if you no longer
              > wish to continue.
              >
              > Your responses will be used to expand the knowledge
              > base on
              > alternative lifestyles within the African American
              > community, and
              > how we can better understand ourselves. In the
              > reporting of the
              > data, any information that can be identified with
              > you will remain
              > confidential and will not be disclosed.

              It's already fixed
              In 2006 God Bless!