Ancients figures

  • accessicg@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
      Greetings,

      I am currently looking at either Old Glory 15mm or Battle Honors
      15mm for purchase in the next month. Does anyone on the list have
      pros or cons for either range.

      Best regards,
      Phil C. Fry
      Toledo, Ohio
    • David KUIJT
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
        On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 accessicg@... wrote:

        > I am currently looking at either Old Glory 15mm or Battle Honors
        > 15mm for purchase in the next month. Does anyone on the list have
        > pros or cons for either range.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Phil C. Fry
        > Toledo, Ohio

        Hi Phil,

        I don't know Old Glory.

        For Battle Honors, it depends upon which range we are talking about.
        Anything sculpted by Anthony Barton is excellent, the other stuff I'm not
        familiar with. Anthony Barton sculpted at least the following ranges in
        15mm:

        Sassanids (excellent; normal 15mm)
        Greek City States (superb!; very large 15mm)
        Caesarian/AD19 Romans (I've heard they are very good; I haven't got my bag
        of these guys yet to verify)

        The Sassanids are sized to mix well with Essex, Gladiator, and Irregular
        ("standard" 15mm).

        The Greeks are quite large -- more like 18mm. They are superb figures,
        but won't mix with Essex/etc.

        I'm not as sure about the Caesarian Romans, although I've heard they are
        large.

        Hope this is some use,

        David Kuijt
      • ttlim@xxx.xxx.xx
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
          At 11:18 AM 11/2/99 +0000, you wrote:
          >From: accessicg@...
          >
          >Greetings,
          >
          >I am currently looking at either Old Glory 15mm or Battle Honors
          >15mm for purchase in the next month. Does anyone on the list have
          >pros or cons for either range.

          Old Glory are rather large.

          JONATHAN LIM42
        • Michael Gustar
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 2, 1999
            Both ranges are very good ... I would just like to confuse the issue even
            more by suggesting Falcon UK from the Quartermaster www.thequartermaster.com
            as an alternative or addition to either!

            Michael Gustar