Re: [DBA] Et tu DBM?

  • Arnstein Orten
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, johnatht wrote:

      > Marian Romans (...)
      > basically considered little better than damp oatmeal
      > in DBM.

      I wouldn't say that, Bd are still really tough in DBM. MRs support troops
      aren't that bad, and if you would be willing to go for a draw (by sitting
      behind your fortifications) some of your games, you could probably do OK
      in an open comp. However:

      - In a scissors, paper, rock game, you really have lots and lots of
      scissors and limited rocks and paper. This is always a problem no matter
      what your main troop type is.
      - Your scissors are slow moving, this can be dull, and "taking the battle
      to your opponent" can be difficult (DBM boards are deep for Bd).
      - Your scissors are expensive in points, so your flanks will be exposed
      against a lot of opponents. This is even more dangerous in DBM than DBA.

      Mvh,
      Arnstein
      Arnstein Orten arnstein.orten@...
      Computer sysadmin, Dept. of Geology Tel: 22 85 66 39
      1047 Blindern Fax: 22 85 42 15
    • Jerboa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        Concerning blades and DBM, there is a kind of a 'balancing factor', which I
        find interesting.

        In DBM infantry in difficult - bad going - fighting Bd in the open get
        advantage as vs mounted.
        i.e., Bd, get -2 for fighting foot in bad going, as mounted do in DBA.

        Jerboa

        Note: a few bits of DBM rules would be of great benefit if introduced to
        DBA, not necessarily this one.