BUA Rules and Settled Areas

  • Kurtus A. Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
      BOB, you did say you saw my rules for DBA, right? All we did was go back to
      the OLD ed. (1.1) of the rules and use its BUA rules, with a few tweeks such
      as making them mandit., etc. I think I called them "Settled Areas"...yea
      thats it. Kind of what you proposed about treating them as Woods.

      --Kurt

      ***
      Kurtus A. Brown
      jab@...
      Known as I_SHEOL on Delphi and Yahoo.
      Feel free to add me to your ICQ: 6953323
      Founder of the Table-Top Warlords Wargaming Club.
      Check out our Games webpage at http://members.toast.net/jab/
      Also the Founder of ParaSearch, Paranormal Research and Investigation
      Society (webpage coming soon).
      ***
    • Robert Beattie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2002
        Hi
        I do not recall off hand what you wrote on this. Where is it posted? I
        have been thinking for a long time on what to use to replace the
        too-complicted-for-tournaments BUA rules. My original suggestion a few
        months ago was to use enclosed fields and orchards and have them be like
        Rough. I had a number of comments that they needed to be more substantial
        so Woods came to mind. I wanted to just have the new feature like
        something else, so no need to write anything new. I wanted to capture the
        agriculture network aspect that Phil thinks important. So I went with
        Village Enclosed Area which is certainly like a settled area. Many
        comments to date say just call them Villages. That's what I'll do.

        Do send me what you wrote. Perhaps after Historicon, I will modify the
        basic Woods idea.

        Thanks much,

        Bob