Re: DBA cover

  • johnatht
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2002
      --- In DBA@y..., Ken Blackley <kblackley@s...> wrote:

      > ***** I don't know how anyone can really be critical about Phil
      after he
      > revolutionized ancients/medievals with the DBX system. It amazes me
      how
      > someone who was so tied to the old WRG sytem could have escaped his
      own
      > paradime so completely as to come up with DBX. Remarkable
      achievement, IMHO.

      > Ken Blackley

      I agree. I remember when DBM first came out. I thought: Finally, being
      regular is better than being irregular. (This was before the
      auto-pilot remounting French knights of death were discovered.)

      Finally, guys will long pointy sticks aren't worthless. (Lost some
      ground on that since then.)

      Here was a system that turned some of the aspects of his last rule
      system upside down. And expanded on others in "quantum leap" kinds of
      ways.

      I still miss morale and attrition, but I am endlessly impressed by the
      work that went into the game we have. (So I can forgive the awful
      required BUA rule.)

      JM