Re: figure numbers [DBA] Re: v3.0

  • Robert Beattie
    Message 1 of 180 , Jan 23, 2013
      3.0 is more complicated than earlier versions, one example being that numbers of figures in an element now has meaning in the game. Thus a 4Kn acts differently than a 3Kn. There are no Regular types yet, nor any (X). It is too bad that figure numbers now have to be accounted for but given the friendliness of most DBA players, I am sure you could just put 3Kn on a base and mark it as a 4Kn element. Strict players like Phil B and Adrian might object, but I think most will not.

      Bob

      On Jan 23, 2013, at 1:15 PM, tomdaly001 wrote:

      > So long as the base sizes and # of figures haven't changed much, I don't see any big problems with getting used to the changes. What I'd like to know is whether it is absolutely necessary for reg kn (X) to be mounted 4 to a base? I don't find that many lines of 15s (except Irregular) can accomodate this. Any thoughts?
      >
      > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, Roberts Beattie wrote:
      > >
      > > There are a lot of differences. Might be better to ask what are the similarities-- both use elements bases. Are about the same size they both use dice to determine movements they're playing on square boards troop types are mostly the same, the terrain types are mostly the same but the whole process of placing terrain different
      > >
      > > There's only about 10 pages of actual battle rules , you could read them all in the time it took somebody to write up the differences. You know DBA 2.2? And just read the three point on see what you think.
      > >
      > > Bob
      > > Dictated and sent from my iPhone
      > >
      > > On Jan 18, 2013, at 11:05 PM, "miccogo" wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi All
      > > > is anyone using the DBAv3.0 rules in the files section. Also could someone in the know please give me the main differences between v2.2 and the v3.0
      > > > many thanks
      > > > regards Michael

    • Joe Bloggs
      Message 180 of 180 , Mar 2, 2013
        Why should anyone be forced to change? If my opponent said "I had trouble fitting 4 figures onto this element base, but it's still of cataphracts" I'd thank him courteously, and make a note of what the element represents. Technically, Phil, there are 4Sp and 4Ax that you could mistake for one another if a total beginner, so a bit of experience coupled with some common gaming courtesy should suffice over the long haul.