Re: [DBA] Two easy pieces...

  • Phil Barker
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 26, 2012
      You form a column by moving one element behind another!

      Phil

      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 26, 2012
        Yes, in a physical sense, you pick up one element and you put it behind another, But in game terms, Is it a group move, or is it element by element? Can the column stretch backwards or only forwards?

        In 2005, in response to this question, you wrote

        "A group can always reduce frontage to become a column. "Such a column" in the group move rule means "a single element wide column."
        When a group changes into a column, the future leading element of the column must move and the other elements of the group join in behind, slipping sideways to stay in contact with each other. They are NOT moving individually - the group is reducing its frontage. Once in the column, each element moves the same distance as the leader and wheels in succession at the same places through the same angles.

        This was excellent but not in the rules so I wonder how people formed a column based on the 2.2 text. This is a good rule, much like the HOTT rule, but sadly changed for 3.0

        "A group move can include reducing frontage to form such a column for this or any other purpose. The leading element moves forward, then others successively join behind it, moving as if by single element moves. No element can end with its front edge further to its original rear. Elements that do not join the tail of the column that bound are no longer part of the same group."

        I feel sorry for the poor elements that were part of the original group and are now left behind.

        Bitchy Bob

        On Nov 26, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Phil Barker wrote:

        > You form a column by moving one element behind another!
        >
        > Phil

      • Phil Barker
        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 27, 2012
          If a group changes into a column, it is already a group, so does this with a
          group move. If several single elements want to join into a column, they do
          so by single element moves.

          Phil