RE: [DBA] Re: Prescriptions, was Alternative cinematic basing system endorsed by Phil

  • John Saunders
    Message 1 of 78 , Oct 8, 2012
      Mike

      Wb is a troop type of the current DBA 2.2 the equivalent of one of the Hd types of DBM

      Antigonas One Eye

      To: DBA@yahoogroups.com
      From: mike.leese@...
      Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:13:29 +0100
      Subject: Re: [DBA] Re: Prescriptions, was Alternative cinematic basing system endorsed by Phil

      I'm sure I've see. In the rules somewhere,

      Wb 7 figures 4 in front 3 rear, staggered.

      Could use 5, 3 front rank 2 rear rank, staggered so as to look

      like a mob.

      But it cod have been MM.

      Mike

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 8 Oct 2012, at 10:55, "Adrian" <argrath_dragonspear@...> wrote:

      > People need to understand the ramifications of making changes to base widths and depths. This will affect both movement and aspects of combat (flank edge contact springs to mind straight away).

      > Whilst I understand the frustration of trying to fit the figures on the base if the figures are too big or portly, it is the fault of the manufacturer who in their bid to make the figure as nicely sculptured as possible have to make them bigger to be able to do so.

      > As for hordes, I'm sure no one will complain if you put five 15mm horde figures on a base, thats what I do and no one has complained so far.

    • Mike Leese
      Message 78 of 78 , Oct 15, 2012
        I've got mount card in red, blue, dark blue & green. To make movement planing cards.

        To plan game moves for Napoleonics.

        The figures distract from the plan, and you can leave them on the table as they're not breakable.

        I should try the same with DBA as I'm not familiar with all the movement yet.
        And save the figures for a real game.

        Mike

        Sent from my iPhone