Medieval Orkney Armies

  • nickjonesinbarnsley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hi guys,

      I'm just starting out with collecting armies for the 100 years war and have a question. In order to give the Scots something else to do instead of always fighting the English I'd like to build up the army of Maol Íosa, Earl of Orkney, c. 1340s.

      I wondered which army list to use; the normal one would be for the Vikings (III/40) but this runs out in 1280. Should I use the Medieval Scandinavian (IV/54) for this period?

      I'd hoped Ian Heath's Armies of the Middle Ages (vol. 1) would give me some clues but there's nothing about Scandinavia at all.

      I'd appreciate your thoughts, thanks

      Nick
    • kuijt
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
        On 01.10.2012 08:38, nickjonesinbarnsley wrote:
        > Hi guys,
        >
        > I'm just starting out with collecting armies for the 100 years war
        > and have a question. In order to give the Scots something else to do
        > instead of always fighting the English I'd like to build up the army
        > of Maol Íosa, Earl of Orkney, c. 1340s.
        >
        > I wondered which army list to use; the normal one would be for the
        > Vikings (III/40) but this runs out in 1280. Should I use the Medieval
        > Scandinavian (IV/54) for this period?
        >
        > I'd hoped Ian Heath's Armies of the Middle Ages (vol. 1) would give
        > me some clues but there's nothing about Scandinavia at all.
        >
        > I'd appreciate your thoughts, thanks
        >
        > Nick

        III/77 Scots Isles and Highlands is the right list for the Kingdom of
        the Isles; I'd expect that it would be great for Orkney as well.

        DK