Rear corner contact makes a group.

  • Jerboa
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hello

      Now elements ina group are required to be in edge and corner contact, but corner is not specified.

      If a deeper element contacts a less deep one on the side, I assume that the rear corner contact is sufficient for group formation.

      KKKK
      KKKK
      KKKKBBBB

      K is knight and B is blade facing up. There is side edge and rear corners contact.

      I assume K and B may move as a group.
      Is this correct to you?

      Thanx

      Saudacoes etereas

      Jerboa

    • Christophe CONSTANT
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 1, 2001
        Good question ...

        I would agree with you : this is a group according to the rule, IMO

            Cheers.

        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 8, 2001
          Question:

          What if a camp is occupied by enemy but these leave it latter?

          Is it still "under enemy control" and count towards victory, or as it not
          ocupied it is not under control and so will not award the 2 elem. advantage
          to the conqueror?

          Sorry to have this one more doubt.

          ---
          Saudacoes etereas

          Jerboa
        • Robert Beattie
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 8, 2001
            This seems pretty clear:

            "A camp or BUA that is or has been occupied by the enemy, either during the
            battle or earlier in a campaign, and which has not been reoccupied by its
            original side or revolted is said to be under enemy control."

            "A camp or BUA occupied by enemy during the battle and still under enemy
            control counts as 2 extra elements lost. "

            Bob

            --On Sun, Apr 8, 2001 2:47 PM +0100 Jerboa <jerboa@...> wrote:

            > Question:
            >
            > What if a camp is occupied by enemy but these leave it latter?
            >
            > Is it still "under enemy control" and count towards victory, or as it not
            > ocupied it is not under control and so will not award the 2 elem.
            > advantage to the conqueror?
            >
            > Sorry to have this one more doubt.
            >
            > ---
            > Saudacoes etereas
            >
            > Jerboa

          • Jerry Hendy
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 8, 2001
              So if you're 1-1 in a DBA game & your opponent nabs
              your camp, do you instantly lose the game 1-4 because
              your camp is gone, even though you've only lost 1
              actual element?

              Cheers,
              Jerry

              --- Robert Beattie <beattie@...> wrote:
              > This seems pretty clear:
              >
              > "A camp or BUA that is or has been occupied by the
              > enemy, either during the
              > battle or earlier in a campaign, and which has not
              > been reoccupied by its
              > original side or revolted is said to be under enemy
              > control."
              >
              > "A camp or BUA occupied by enemy during the battle
              > and still under enemy
              > control counts as 2 extra elements lost. "
              >

              > Bob
              >
              > --On Sun, Apr 8, 2001 2:47 PM +0100 Jerboa
              > <jerboa@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Question:
              > >
              > > What if a camp is occupied by enemy but these
              > leave it latter?
              > >
              > > Is it still "under enemy control" and count
              > towards victory, or as it not
              > > ocupied it is not under control and so will not
              > award the 2 elem.
              > > advantage to the conqueror?
              > >
              > > Sorry to have this one more doubt.
              > >
              > > ---
              > > Saudacoes etereas
              > >
              > > Jerboa
              > >

              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              =====
              ***God of Friendship***
              "Infamy, infamy - they've all got it in for me!"
              Julius Caesar - 'Carry on Cleo'

              http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • Robert Beattie
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 8, 2001
                If you have an element in the camp that you also lost. That makes 2
                elements and the camp. If you have a camp follower in the camp it does not
                count anymore toward losing. So a camp follower defended camp or an
                undefended camp is worth only 2 elements. You have to lose 2 elements and
                the camp.

                Not as bad as losing one general, lose one and you lose the whole game.

                Bob

                --On Sun, Apr 8, 2001 2:54 PM -0700 Jerry Hendy <studmuffin_jer@...>
                wrote:

                > So if you're 1-1 in a DBA game & your opponent nabs
                > your camp, do you instantly lose the game 1-4 because
                > your camp is gone, even though you've only lost 1
                > actual element?
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Jerry
                >

                > --- Robert Beattie <beattie@...> wrote:
                >> This seems pretty clear:
                >>
                >> "A camp or BUA that is or has been occupied by the
                >> enemy, either during the
                >> battle or earlier in a campaign, and which has not
                >> been reoccupied by its
                >> original side or revolted is said to be under enemy
                >> control."
                >>
                >> "A camp or BUA occupied by enemy during the battle
                >> and still under enemy
                >> control counts as 2 extra elements lost. "
                >>

                >> Bob
                >>
                >> --On Sun, Apr 8, 2001 2:47 PM +0100 Jerboa
                >> <jerboa@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> > Question:
                >> >
                >> > What if a camp is occupied by enemy but these
                >> leave it latter?
                >> >
                >> > Is it still "under enemy control" and count
                >> towards victory, or as it not
                >> > ocupied it is not under control and so will not
                >> award the 2 elem.
                >> > advantage to the conqueror?
                >> >
                >> > Sorry to have this one more doubt.
                >> >
                >> > ---
                >> > Saudacoes etereas
                >> >
                >> > Jerboa
                >> >

                >> > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                >> >

                > =====
                > ***God of Friendship***
                > "Infamy, infamy - they've all got it in for me!"
                > Julius Caesar - 'Carry on Cleo'

              • Ray Rangel
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 8, 2001
                  Nope. Camp followers and denizens don't count as elements lost; camps and
                  BUAs count as two.

                  You would be 1-3.

                  But upside is that you also would have learned a lesson...protect your camp
                  and go after the opponent's.

                  > So if you're 1-1 in a DBA game & your opponent nabs
                  > your camp, do you instantly lose the game 1-4 because
                  > your camp is gone, even though you've only lost 1
                  > actual element?
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Jerry

                • Jerboa