Re: 2.2+

  • commander_of_iron
    Message 1 of 170 , Feb 1 12:35 AM
      Sorry, but four new troop types simply means it's not DBA anymore.

      David, can I please suggest you stop pirating the DBA name and that you and the WADBAG team demonstrate your faith in your work and publish your NEW RULESET under a proper NEW NAME and stop trying to con peope that it's DBA.

      --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 03:58:44 -0000, "Mark walters"
      > <comitesalani@...> wrote:
      > > Anyone know what the four extra troop types were? Is the 8Bw type
      > > mentioned the same as DK's(?) Pavisier rule on Fanaticus?
      >
      > Hi Mark,
      >
      > Yes, lots of people know what the four extra troop types were, but we
      > would really prefer that you contain your interest until we release our
      > Beta version for public comment, in the moderately near future.
      >
      > The 8Bw type is in most respects the same as the Pavisier rule up on
      > Fanaticus, yes. Although I've been given credit for it, and I've been a
      > longtime advocate for it, I am not the only person who worked on it.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > DK

    • mark.hinds
      Message 170 of 170 , Oct 22, 2015

        ---In DBA@yahoogroups.com, <pc.barker@...> wrote :

        They could instead play the official DBA 3.0 which we sweated blood over and is a much better set.

        Phil

        Sent from Mail for Windows 10

        Phil, you know this is unlikely to happen.  Getting all wargamers to play the same rules is like herding cats.

        One advantage to an informal negotiated settlement changing the name from "DBA 2.2+" is that the very act of negotiating would appear to lower the tension, leading to further mutual accommodation later on.  They already tell people to buy the 2.2 rules as a prerequisite to playing "2.2+" (that's why I bought John Curry's book).  If you guys got back on speaking terms again, maybe they would be willing to encourage people to buy 3.0, and to play both.  What am I overlooking here?

        MH