Morphing Armies (was:Re: Interesting armies)

  • omaribnharoun
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 3, 2011
      That was my intent on a few armies. I put together a full Early Imperial Roman (Principate) army for Field of Glory, and using the variety of 'extra' troops (mostly 2Ps, but some 2LH) I had wanted to find an army to add them to for DBA.

      Presently, I have the following (my book is with a friend, so forgive me if I dont have the exact numbers/titles):
      - Huns (11 2LH, 1 2LH/3CV General)
      - Early Imperial Roman (x2 - for matched pairs)
      - Late Medieval German (Landsknechts, the last Late Medieval German list I think)
      - Middle/Late Imperial Roman (unassembled)

      Considering a samurai or asian army, because I like the look. Doing the matched pairs thing seems like the best way to assemble a collection.

      I have the following laying around:
      8x 2PS (Javelins)
      8x 2PS (Archers)
      8x 2LH (Numidians and "Barbarian" Horse Archers)

      Was thinking a gothic list would only require a few extra stands, and could work with the Romans? Not sure who I could pair the Huns against using what I have extra.

      With the Samurai, what is a good list from 2.2?

      Omar

      --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "Jan" <janandjeffhayes@...> wrote:

      > Please note, the Late Imperial Roman and Patrician Roman lists morph easily into each other. Particularly with the imminent DBA 3.0 Lists, these two armies allow you to make a very diverse family of armies some very "Roman" looking, others with a very Gothic of Hunnic aspect. These two armies fought an extreme range of enemies from Picts to Persians. As an opponent, a generic Gothic army with a few interchangeable pieces can also morph into many barbarian armies: Vandals, Franks, Goths, Bavarians, you name it. Great deal of flexibility with this selection.

    • omaribnharoun
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 3, 2011