Re: Spartacus, was Re: [DBA] Interesting armies

  • David Muir
    Message 1 of 45 , Sep 3, 2011
      Very sweet!

      I'm working on 3D printed 10mm right now, Marian Roman vs Spartacus. So far I
      have 16Bd, 12Cv and 8Ps designed and awaiting printing...

      The 16 (-20?) hordes will be a little more effort because I want some variety in
      "figure" poses to properly express the horde-ish-ness.

      When the parts arrive to replace my extruder tip and (hopefull) improve my
      resolution, I may press to add some variety to all the elements...

      -David

      Quoting Robert Beattie <beattie@...>:

      > The 2.2 list is more interesting. The elements are the same but the Wb are
      > designated as 5Wb which gives a very different visual effect than a 3Wb or
      > 4Wb.
      >
      > http://www-personal.umich.edu/~abeattie/dbasum2005/sparcuspics/warband.jpg
      >
      > Here is the whole 4 army contingent I used for a giant game at Historicon a
      > few years ago. Hollywood style. We counted the flaming logs as Scythed
      > Chariots.
      >
      > http://www-personal.umich.edu/~abeattie/dbasum2005/army171.jpg
      >
      > Last month we did a local replay of the game using 3.0 rules. Went very
      > well. The increased move distances discussed previously was liked for the
      > big game by the players. Lots of action and we did a 48 element per side
      > game with 6 players, in 2.5 hours.
      >
      > Two complete newbies joined us and said they had a good time (maybe because
      > their father was there and he said he liked it :)
      >
      > I miss the designated element numbers of figures.
      >
      > Bob
      > On Sep 3, 2011, at 6:05 PM, Jim Webster wrote:

      =====================================
      David Muir, M.Sc.
      Graduate Student
      Department of Physics and Engineering Physics
      University of Saskatchewan
      116 Science Place
      Saskatoon, SK S7N 5E2
      Phone: (306) 657-3766 or (306) 966-6380
      Fax: (306) 657-3535
      david.muir@...
    • omaribnharoun
      Message 45 of 45 , Sep 3, 2011
        That was my intent on a few armies. I put together a full Early Imperial Roman (Principate) army for Field of Glory, and using the variety of 'extra' troops (mostly 2Ps, but some 2LH) I had wanted to find an army to add them to for DBA.

        Presently, I have the following (my book is with a friend, so forgive me if I dont have the exact numbers/titles):
        - Huns (11 2LH, 1 2LH/3CV General)
        - Early Imperial Roman (x2 - for matched pairs)
        - Late Medieval German (Landsknechts, the last Late Medieval German list I think)
        - Middle/Late Imperial Roman (unassembled)

        Considering a samurai or asian army, because I like the look. Doing the matched pairs thing seems like the best way to assemble a collection.

        I have the following laying around:
        8x 2PS (Javelins)
        8x 2PS (Archers)
        8x 2LH (Numidians and "Barbarian" Horse Archers)

        Was thinking a gothic list would only require a few extra stands, and could work with the Romans? Not sure who I could pair the Huns against using what I have extra.

        With the Samurai, what is a good list from 2.2?

        Omar