Re: [DBA] Re: DBA LIST IV 19-a Tarascans and b Chinantecs

  • Don Ray
    Message 1 of 34 , May 2, 2011
      Thanks for your reply. If it was a small sword, was it smaller than
      the Roman gladius? Could you (or anyone else) send a reference on
      this? I'm interestested in learning more about the Chinantec.
      Best regards,
      Don

      On May 2, 2011, at 2:18 PM, WilliamM wrote:

      > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, Don Ray <ray@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Peter
      > > Yes, the Chinantecs should be a separate sub-list. I liked your
      > > proposed Chinantec army. I wondered if the Gen. could be Bw or Bd
      > > since they had both bows and big club blades.
      >
      > The "club blade" wasn't that big. It hung from the draw arm and
      > can't have been so big or it would have interfered with archery.
      >
      > > I recall Heath writing
      > > that the nobles preferred bow, but wondered why then would they
      > > carry their "swords".
      >
      > For the same reason that a lot of other archers carried their swords
      > (think English longbowmen)
      >
      > > Best regards,
      > > Don

    • Andreas Johansson
      Message 34 of 34 , May 17, 2011
        On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM, hrld_plmr <hrld_plmr@...> wrote:

        > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "suzanlb" <sue@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> These are now ready and I will post them to you for comments.
        >> Sue
        >>

        > Just looking at IV/13a - the Sp don't have to be City Militia in DBMM - they can be Heerban, who could appear in Imperial or Feudal armies, so the 1 aggression is not necessarily true.

        I don't have the book with me, but didn't the published list turn the
        Heerbann Sp into Bd?

        > By the way (and I'm not trolling, I just find the threads a little hard to follow as debate on this forum is wide ranging and energetic!) has the possibility of a new troop type covering Pk(F) been discussed anywhere?

        There's been quite some discussion of it on Fanaticus.org - try
        searching for "Light Spear".

        --
        Andreas Johansson