Re: DBA LIST IV 19-a Tarascans and b Chinantecs

  • WilliamM
    Message 1 of 34 , May 2, 2011
      --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, Don Ray <ray@...> wrote:

      > Hi Peter
      > Yes, the Chinantecs should be a separate sub-list. I liked your
      > proposed Chinantec army. I wondered if the Gen. could be Bw or Bd
      > since they had both bows and big club blades.

      The "club blade" wasn't that big. It hung from the draw arm and can't have been so big or it would have interfered with archery.

      > I recall Heath writing
      > that the nobles preferred bow, but wondered why then would they
      > carry their "swords".

      For the same reason that a lot of other archers carried their swords (think English longbowmen)

      > Best regards,
      > Don
    • Andreas Johansson
      Message 34 of 34 , May 17, 2011
        On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM, hrld_plmr <hrld_plmr@...> wrote:

        > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "suzanlb" <sue@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> These are now ready and I will post them to you for comments.
        >> Sue
        >>

        > Just looking at IV/13a - the Sp don't have to be City Militia in DBMM - they can be Heerban, who could appear in Imperial or Feudal armies, so the 1 aggression is not necessarily true.

        I don't have the book with me, but didn't the published list turn the
        Heerbann Sp into Bd?

        > By the way (and I'm not trolling, I just find the threads a little hard to follow as debate on this forum is wide ranging and energetic!) has the possibility of a new troop type covering Pk(F) been discussed anywhere?

        There's been quite some discussion of it on Fanaticus.org - try
        searching for "Light Spear".

        --
        Andreas Johansson