Re: [DBA] Bw(X) and Burg Ordnance

  • John Hills
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
      On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:35:06 +0300
      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Moyen?= <moyen@...-bpclermont.fr>
      wrote:

      > Hello folks,
      >
      > I was recently considering the Burg Ordnance army, which used in real
      > life a combinaison of Pikes and Bowmen in close formation. If I
      > remember properly, this is modelled in DBM using double based Bw with a
      > front rank of pikemen, and a back rank of bowmen. Am I correct so far ?

      Yes.

      > However, I was wondering if this tactics could be transposed to DBA

      They will become 8Bw, and fight as a normal Bow element.

      could
      > please someone be as kind to tell me
      > - What the DBM army list says about the ordnance army : which
      > proportion of Bw are Bw(X), do they replace ordinary Bw, etc.; dito for
      > Pk. -

      Any or all Bow and Pikes can become DBE Bow(x) with a rear rank of
      Bow(S). Each 2 DBEs counts as 1 Pike and 3 Bow elements from the list.
      >From memory you can have upto 8 DBE bases.

      What are the game characteristics of Bw(X) in the first place :

      They count as Bw(S) for shooting and (getting hazy here) against
      knights, I think. Otherwise they count as Sp(O).

      I am sure Ken B will clarrify anything I have got wrong.

      John

      PS I have this army and it is very nice.

      ----------------------
      John Hills
      j.r.hills@...
      http://freespace.virgin.net/johnr.hills/default.html

      Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in-fa-me!
    • Jean-Fran├žois Moyen
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2001
        Hello folks,

        I was recently considering the Burg Ordnance army, which used in real life a
        combinaison of Pikes and Bowmen in close formation. If I remember properly,
        this is modelled in DBM using double based Bw with a front rank of pikemen,
        and a back rank of bowmen. Am I correct so far ?

        However, I was wondering if this tactics could be transposed to DBA (I'm
        consistently frustrated with the difficulty to reproduce combined arms
        tactics such as this kind of things, or Tercios, or...); could please
        someone be as kind to tell me
        - What the DBM army list says about the ordnance army : which proportion of
        Bw are Bw(X), do they replace ordinary Bw, etc.; dito for Pk.
        - What are the game characteristics of Bw(X) in the first place : they are
        considered as Bw(I) for shooting, and as <don't remeber what> for close
        combat ? Or something like that ? Could somebody possibely check this point
        ?

        Thanks in advance,

        JFM