  • David Constable
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 6:47 AM
      Within the 2-inches you have to be careful, a 3Cv or 3Kn type base as mounted if on a steep hill (and not on a road) only has a 2-inch move, so corner to corner would only allow mounted on a 40x30 base to turn, 40x40 or larger would require just over 2-inches, so not possible.

      Sorry if this adds any confusion.

      David Constable

    • DLeecrenshaw@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 6:55 AM
        I'm confused.? Isn't an inch 2.54 Cm, thus 2 inches would be well over 4cm depth of a base.? Maybe I'm missing your point.

        David

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 7:03 AM
          On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, DLeecrenshaw@... wrote:

          > I'm confused.? Isn't an inch 2.54 Cm, thus 2 inches would be well over
          > 4cm depth of a base.? Maybe I'm missing your point.

          You measure the corner that moves the farthest. If a 40x30 element spins
          180 degrees on its center, every corner moves (according to the
          Pythagorean Theorem) 50mm. 200p = 50.8mm, so that uses up essentially
          your whole move (given that the Cv/Kn is in BGo).

          DK
        • Andreas Johansson
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 7:06 AM
            On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:55 PM, <DLeecrenshaw@...> wrote:
            > I'm confused.? Isn't an inch 2.54 Cm, thus 2 inches would be well over 4cm depth of a base.? Maybe I'm missing your point.

            If I understand correctly, he's refering to turning 180 degrees, in
            which case each corner effectively moves the length of the base's
            diagonal. The diagonal of a 40x30 mm base is just under 2" so 3Cv in
            BGo can turn in place, but the diagonal of a 40x40 mm base is a bit
            over 2" so a LCh in BGo cannot.

            --
            Andreas Johansson

          • DLeecrenshaw@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 7:35 AM
              This is one of those bass ackward assumptions I never play.? A unit turning 180 degrees would not take units on the front left and move them diagonally so they would continue to be on the front left.? They'd just turn around.? Therefore I have always just measured along the side edge.? I know, I'm a rebel.

              David