Re: [DBA] Cavalry and Camelry

  • David Kuijt
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
      On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:

      > I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the same.
      > As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat factors
      > table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for rear
      > support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?

      Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
      anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never means "...and
      Camels."

      DK
    • wireme61
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
        --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, David Kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:

        > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:
        >
        > > I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the
        same.
        > > As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat
        factors
        > > table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for
        rear
        > > support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?
        >
        > Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
        > anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never
        means "...and
        > Camels."
        >
        > DK

        I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
        omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
        I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his right
        mind would play a Camel type army.

        Thanks

        MS
      • Andreas Johansson
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
          Quoting wireme61 <mschultzcfc@...>:

          > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, David Kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:
          > >

          > > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:
          > >
          > > > I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the
          > same.
          > > > As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat
          > factors
          > > > table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for
          > rear
          > > > support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?
          > >
          > > Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
          > > anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never
          > means "...and
          > > Camels."
          > >
          > > DK
          > >

          > I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
          > omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
          > I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his right
          > mind would play a Camel type army.

          I'm tempted to paint up a Tuareg army for the sheer gloritude of it.

          Plus, it would leave me with exactly one army from each book, none of which ever
          fought one another or even might have, making me maximally useless for matched
          pairs. :D

          --
          Andreas Johansson
        • David Kuijt
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
            On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:

            >> Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
            >> anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never means "...and
            >> Camels."
            >>
            >> DK
            >>

            > I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
            > omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
            > I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his right
            > mind would play a Camel type army.

            ...or neither of the above -- this is what we in WADBAG call a MISTAKE.
            D'OH!

            Yes, both Pike and Warband get rear-rank support against Camels. The
            Unofficial Guide has an Error.

            I will put ritual floggings on the agenda for our next WADBAG gaming
            night. As traditional, we will flip a coin as to whether to flog the
            innocent or the guilty; when guilt cannot easily be determined we just
            flog a random member.

            DK
          • wireme61
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
              --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, David Kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:

              > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:
              >
              > >> Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never.
              If
              > >> anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never
              means "...and
              > >> Camels."
              > >>
              > >> DK
              > >>

              > > I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
              > > omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
              > > I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his
              right
              > > mind would play a Camel type army.
              >
              > ...or neither of the above -- this is what we in WADBAG call a
              MISTAKE.
              > D'OH!
              >
              > Yes, both Pike and Warband get rear-rank support against Camels.
              The
              > Unofficial Guide has an Error.
              >
              > I will put ritual floggings on the agenda for our next WADBAG
              gaming
              > night. As traditional, we will flip a coin as to whether to flog
              the
              > innocent or the guilty; when guilt cannot easily be determined we
              just
              > flog a random member.
              >
              > DK

              I must admit I am impressed by the swiftness of your justice.
              I must not be ashamed to say I have built a Nomad Camel army, but in
              my defense it is for a BBDBA Roman allied army. Plus I just like the
              way the "stinky" animals look on the table.
              Thank you David for the help.

              MS