Cavalry and Camelry

  • wireme61
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
      I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the same.
      As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat factors
      table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for rear
      support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?
      Thank you,
      MS
    • David Kuijt
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
        On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:

        > I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the same.
        > As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat factors
        > table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for rear
        > support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?

        Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
        anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never means "...and
        Camels."

        DK
      • wireme61
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
          --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, David Kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:
          >
          > > I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the
          same.
          > > As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat
          factors
          > > table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for
          rear
          > > support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?
          >
          > Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
          > anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never
          means "...and
          > Camels."
          >
          > DK

          I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
          omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
          I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his right
          mind would play a Camel type army.

          Thanks

          MS
        • Andreas Johansson
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
            Quoting wireme61 <mschultzcfc@...>:

            > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, David Kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:
            > >

            > > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:
            > >
            > > > I know Light Horse and Light Camelry are treated as one and the
            > same.
            > > > As Cavalry and Camelry are listed separtely in close combat
            > factors
            > > > table. Do Pike double rank vs. Camel receive the +3 Modifier for
            > rear
            > > > support or are camels treated as Cavalry for this combat?
            > >
            > > Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
            > > anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never
            > means "...and
            > > Camels."
            > >
            > > DK
            > >

            > I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
            > omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
            > I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his right
            > mind would play a Camel type army.

            I'm tempted to paint up a Tuareg army for the sheer gloritude of it.

            Plus, it would leave me with exactly one army from each book, none of which ever
            fought one another or even might have, making me maximally useless for matched
            pairs. :D

            --
            Andreas Johansson
          • David Kuijt
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
              On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:

              >> Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never. If
              >> anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never means "...and
              >> Camels."
              >>
              >> DK
              >>

              > I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
              > omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
              > I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his right
              > mind would play a Camel type army.

              ...or neither of the above -- this is what we in WADBAG call a MISTAKE.
              D'OH!

              Yes, both Pike and Warband get rear-rank support against Camels. The
              Unofficial Guide has an Error.

              I will put ritual floggings on the agenda for our next WADBAG gaming
              night. As traditional, we will flip a coin as to whether to flog the
              innocent or the guilty; when guilt cannot easily be determined we just
              flog a random member.

              DK
            • wireme61
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 18, 2008
                --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, David Kuijt <kuijt@...> wrote:

                > On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, wireme61 wrote:
                >
                > >> Camels are never treated as Cavalry. Nowhere, no how. Never.
                If
                > >> anything anywhere in the rules says "Cavalry", it never
                means "...and
                > >> Camels."
                > >>
                > >> DK
                > >>

                > > I thought this to be the case. I was a little confused by the
                > > omission on the Rear Support Factors table in the WADBAG Guide.
                > > I have to assume either space constraints "OR" No fool in his
                right
                > > mind would play a Camel type army.
                >
                > ...or neither of the above -- this is what we in WADBAG call a
                MISTAKE.
                > D'OH!
                >
                > Yes, both Pike and Warband get rear-rank support against Camels.
                The
                > Unofficial Guide has an Error.
                >
                > I will put ritual floggings on the agenda for our next WADBAG
                gaming
                > night. As traditional, we will flip a coin as to whether to flog
                the
                > innocent or the guilty; when guilt cannot easily be determined we
                just
                > flog a random member.
                >
                > DK

                I must admit I am impressed by the swiftness of your justice.
                I must not be ashamed to say I have built a Nomad Camel army, but in
                my defense it is for a BBDBA Roman allied army. Plus I just like the
                way the "stinky" animals look on the table.
                Thank you David for the help.

                MS