Re: 1st Post

  • saint_sicarii
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 3, 2005
      --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "russcat9" <snowcat9@h...> wrote:

      > Hi Brendan
      >
      > Excellent to see you here.
      >
      > Can't help you with the Biblicals. I think BBDBA works very nicely
      for
      > all periods; though 1-trick armies will find themselves in lots of
      > trouble.
      >
      > Paul

      This is why I developed DBA24. It is smaller than BBDBA, but still
      larger and allows for more versatility of most armies than the
      normal DBA lists doubled or tripled for BBDBA. I understand that
      armies with several options can take any mix of those options they
      desire, but there are armies that offer NO Options:

      Nubians, Libyans I/7c&d, Mitanni,Early Hebrew, Philistine, Early
      Roman/Latin/Umbrian, Lykian, Republican Indian,
      Campanian/Apulian/Lucanian/Bruttian, Camillan Roman, Samnites,
      Kappadokian, Asiatic/Macedonian Early Successors II/16c&d &
      II/18a,b&d, Lysimachid, Early Armenian, Hellenistic Greek
      II/31a,b,d,e,f,h&i, Polybian Roman, Hsuing-Nu or Juan-Juan II/38b&c,
      Iberian/Celtiberian, Early German II/47a,b,c&d, Early Vandal, Early
      Ostrogoth/Herul/Sciri/Taifali, Burgundi/Ligantes, Gepid, Late
      Imperial Roman II/78b, Burmese, Hindu Indian III/10a, Avar III/13b,
      Maya, Middle Anglo Saxon III/24b, Early Serbian/Croation, Magyar,
      Volga Bulgar, Andalusian, Arab Indian, Early Polish, Fuedal French
      IV/4a, Sicilian IV/5b, Eastern Forest American, North-Western
      American, Polynesian/Melanisian, Jurchen IV/14a, Estonian, Tupi,
      Romanian Frank, Trapezuntine Byzantine, Indonesian/Malay IV/37a,b&d,
      Navarrese IV/39a, Islamic Persian, Palaiologan Byzantine, Morean
      Byzantine IV/51b, Medeival Scandinavian IV/54a, Ottoman IV/55b,
      Wallachian/Moldavian, Chimu, Amazonian, & Yi Dynasty Korean to name
      but a few.

      I realize that some of these list don't have a lot to work from even
      in the DBM lists(Samnites for instance or the Native Americans), but
      there are some (Campanians/etc, Camillan/Polybian Roman, Many of the
      Orientals, Late Imperial Roman, Rep./Hindu Indians, Islamic Persian,
      Many Byzantines, and a few others) who have a GREAT many options in
      their DBM lists.

      These options are not well represented in BBDBA, which is why I
      chose to begin working on DBA24 in order to show off the diversity
      of these lists.

      Matthew

      > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Moyle" <chthoniid@a...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi
      > >
      > > just trying to clear my name of any suspicion of being a spammer.
      > >
      > > I'm also vaguely interested in people's thoughts about the
      suitability
      > > of BBDBA as a more 'dedicated' Biblical era game (where messy
      troop
      > > types like Roman legionaries, English longbowmen,
      ME 'cataphracts',
      > > Turkish ghilman and Norman milites don't have much 'period'
      impact).

      > > Chthonic regards

    • russcat9
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 3, 2005
        Hi Matthew

        Where's that DBA24 fix for the PM Samurai then?!

        I'd happily help out with that one. What a surprise huh?

        Paul

        --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "saint_sicarii" <Judas@d...> wrote:

> [...]
        > Many Byzantines, and a few others) who have a GREAT many options in
        > their DBM lists.
        >
        > These options are not well represented in BBDBA, which is why I
        > chose to begin working on DBA24 in order to show off the diversity
        > of these lists.
        >
        > Matthew
        >

        > > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan Moyle" <chthoniid@a...> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Hi
        > > >
        > > > just trying to clear my name of any suspicion of being a spammer.
        > > >
        > > > I'm also vaguely interested in people's thoughts about the
        > suitability
        > > > of BBDBA as a more 'dedicated' Biblical era game (where messy
        > troop
        > > > types like Roman legionaries, English longbowmen,
        > ME 'cataphracts',
        > > > Turkish ghilman and Norman milites don't have much 'period'

      • saint_sicarii
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
          --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, "russcat9" <snowcat9@h...> wrote:

          > Hi Matthew
          >
          > Where's that DBA24 fix for the PM Samurai then?!
          >
          > I'd happily help out with that one. What a surprise huh?
          >
          > Paul

          Most of the Samurai armies are in (the DBM)Books 3 and 4...I do not
          have those to work from, but would love to finally get around to it.
          I am working on a project for another game (Hoplon) to produce a DBA
          like equivalent for it, and have the Army lists for it...So, maybe I
          could use those to come up with one for DBA24 (or 2...I will need to
          check).

          Eventually I would like to get an Early Samurai or Emishi army to
          play with. They can be some nice figures to look at (I am sure not
          as nice as the Feudal Samurai of the 14th-16th centuries...but
          hey...)

          Matthew

> [...]
          > > Byzantine IV/51b, Medeival Scandinavian IV/54a, Ottoman IV/55b,
          > > Wallachian/Moldavian, Chimu, Amazonian, & Yi Dynasty Korean to
          name
          > > but a few.
          > >
          > > I realize that some of these list don't have a lot to work from
          even
          > > in the DBM lists(Samnites for instance or the Native Americans),
          but
          > > there are some (Campanians/etc, Camillan/Polybian Roman, Many of
          the
          > > Orientals, Late Imperial Roman, Rep./Hindu Indians, Islamic
          Persian,
          > > Many Byzantines, and a few others) who have a GREAT many options
          in
          > > their DBM lists.
          > >
          > > These options are not well represented in BBDBA, which is why I
          > > chose to begin working on DBA24 in order to show off the

        • melee
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
            Hi Matthew,

            Which armies...I can scan end send quickly...just let me know which you want

            Lee Shackelford
> [...]

            > > Byzantine IV/51b, Medeival Scandinavian IV/54a, Ottoman IV/55b,
            > > Wallachian/Moldavian, Chimu, Amazonian, & Yi Dynasty Korean to
            name
            > > but a few.
            > >
            > > I realize that some of these list don't have a lot to work from
            even
            > > in the DBM lists(Samnites for instance or the Native Americans),
            but
            > > there are some (Campanians/etc, Camillan/Polybian Roman, Many of
            the
            > > Orientals, Late Imperial Roman, Rep./Hindu Indians, Islamic
            Persian,
            > > Many Byzantines, and a few others) who have a GREAT many options
            in
            > > their DBM lists.
            > >
            > > These options are not well represented in BBDBA, which is why I
            > > chose to begin working on DBA24 in order to show off the

          • melee
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
              A brainless email..very unclear.....what I meant was besides those two, would you like the others..... email me off list.....and I'll send them

              Lee Shackelford
              melee@...