Gap between linear and area terrain?

  • Edmund Hon
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 1, 2004
      The rule book (I'm using 2.0 + 2.1 ammendments) only specifies a 1
      element base width between area terrain features, but I get the
      impression that there are no restrictions as to how close the gap can
      be between an area and a linear feature. So does it mean I can put a
      hill or forrest right next to (i.e. touching) a river?

      --
      Edmund Hon taskforce58@...
    • Terry Griner
      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 6, 2004
        I expect most people who read it realized it was a response to Mike who
        had brought up historical examples of inaccessible forts that might be
        considered BUAs. I don't think either of us indicated we thought such
        examples would make very good DBA scenarios. Not everything has to
        relate directly to the DBA battlefield. Please note the current
        discussion of football. :)

        Terry in Spokane

        On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:14:52 -0800 (PST) William Boyette
        <yettie_32@...> writes:

        > Did anyone actually read this?
        > How does this even remotely sound like a scenario
        > that fits into a DBA game? Or to put it another way,
        > who would want to play this?

        > > On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Terry Griner wrote:
        > > > Also, wasn't Alexander faced with such an island walled city to
        which he attempted to build a causeway?