Re: Rome's weakest opponents?

  • Björn Floderus
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2004
      But we have to remember that the Seleukid collapse was more because
      of internal fights in the Seleukid royal family combined with
      pressure from the east (Parthians). The Romans was just there to pick
      up the pieces. The Romans beat Antiochos the Great, but the Seleukid
      Empire was not really weakened a lot because of this (see Sherwin-
      White and Grainger for the Seleukid point of view).
      Björn