Re: BBDBA change

  • scribblerm
    Message 1 of 53 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, Michael Demana <mikedemana@e...> wrote:
      > Sure, it may make games longer, but ultimately more satisfying, I
      think.

      Mike,

      I think you are correct that the games will be better. I know a
      couple games at Nashcon ended in sudden catastrophic CnC deaths.
      (Maybe only one. I wasn't counting.)

      But I do think it will force a slight expansion of the length of
      tournament rounds to avoid a lot of draws. Not too long though. I
      think you want to encourage a winning army to press and destroy
      demoralized elements as fast a possible. A time deadline might force
      a little rash play on a winning army and produce some turns of the
      tide.

      John Meunier
    • Stelzone@aol.com
      Message 53 of 53 , Jul 11, 2003
        I agree if it is not to be a placement of 2-3-1 then the swap number should
        be 0-6 pairs of units.

        Mike S.