Re: [DBA] Re: do we need camp follower elements

  • BOB
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
      What is the advantage of having _no_ camp followers in 2.0. In earlier
      versions, if you lost the camp followers, then it counted as an element
      lost for winning and losing. They were a risk to deploy. Now that is not
      true. Why not take the CF. But it is an added expense and nuisance to have
      them.

      The BUA is indeed stronger as it can have two defending elements at the
      same time. Why does this argue for having Virtural camp followers as are
      the denizens.

      An actual element of Camp Followers has no use in the game. Phil has even
      said that if you model your camp with figures, it counts as having camp
      followers. The actual element of camp followers is just a left over from
      the earlier rules where they counted as an element lost.

      --On Tuesday, March 4, 2003 10:35 PM +0000 Bill <paws.sec@...>
      wrote:

      > Well there are two significant differences between the way followers
      > and denizens work.
      > (A) You _can_ choose to deploy a camp undefended, but that a BUA
      > always has denizens.
      > (B) You can garrison a BUA even whilst there are denizens present,
      > but if you have camp followers in a camp, you cannot move another
      > element into the camp without permanently removing the followers.
      >
      > --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, Robert Beattie <beattie@u...> wrote:
      >> I keep thinking that for 2.0 an actual camp follower element is not
      > really
      >> needed.
      >
      > <snip>
      >> How are the Denizen and Camp follower
      >> different? If you do not need the Denizens, you do not need the
      > Camp
      >> Follower.
      >>
      >> What am I missing here, any comments?
      >>
      >> Bob
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > [Image: "width="] [Image: "width=1"]
    • William Littlefield
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 6, 2003
        --- In DBA@yahoogroups.com, Robert Beattie <beattie@u...> wrote:
        > I keep thinking that for 2.0 an actual camp follower element is not
        really needed. [snip]

        Heck, I don't use BUAs, so I have no problem with throwing out CFs! I
        model them as integral to the camp anyways (for aesthetic reasons)
        and simply place a black bead in front of the camp to indicate that
        it is undefended. I left enough space for a normal element garrison
        if needed.