The Women with disAbilities ISSUES Discussion List exists as a forum where Women with disAbilities & Allies may find common ground in shared experience, to overcome differences & work together, using our strengths to be persistent in the face of barriers, by the sharing of information, the exchange of dialogue & the development & strengthening of our networks.
We are comprised of Women representing a diversity of disAbilities & backgrounds from many regions, provinces & countries.
This Listserv is an initiative of DAWN Ontario: DisAbled Women's Network Ontario, a progressive, volunteer-driven, feminist organization promoting social justice, human rights & the advancement of equality rights through education, research, advocacy, coalition-building, resource development, & information technology.
Our mission is to generate knowledge, information & skills to secure the inclusion, citizenship, human rights & equality of women & girls with disabilities.
We work to illuminate the causes & multidimensional consequences of the growing inequality of wealth, income, power & opportunity in Canada; & to move this critical national problem onto the front burner of Canadian politics & public discourse.
We operate with NO funding & with NO paid staff!
Cross-sectoral networks are our strength. We believe that powerful, proactive networks can create change:
* We work at the grassroots level to generate knowledge, information & skills to secure the inclusion of women & girls with disabilities.
* We strive to develop inclusive outreach strategies to reduce the social isolation experienced by marginalized women's communities.
* We address the systemic issues that impact on the social & economic realities of women & girls with disabilities.
Both the website and the listservs are maintained by Barbara Anello.
- Apr 6, 2000
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.