Galicia and Bukovina business directory, 1907-1913

  • tony hausner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2013
      fyi

      Subject: Galicia and Bukovina business directory, 1907-1913
      From: Logan Kleinwaks <kleinwaks@...>
      Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:38:17 -0500

      I am pleased to announce that a Galicia and Bukovina business directory dated
      1907-1913 is now searchable and viewable at http://genealogyindexer.org.  This is
      volume 19b of the 10th edition of Leuchs' "Adressbuch aller Laender der Erde der
      Kaufleute, Fabrikanten, Gewerbtreibenden, Gutsbesitzer, ..."  The directory is
      included in all searches by default.  You can restrict searches to it, excluding
      other directories, by appending {d667} to your search term (e.g., Lichtbach {d667})

      The directory is organized mostly by town.  To find a town's section (rather than
      searching by surname), you can use the town index beginning at
      http://genealogyindexer.org/view/190713Leuchs19b/681. The numbers next to the town
      names are the printed page numbers, to which you should add 20 to get approximately
      the corresponding image number in the online presentation. You can jump to image
      number X with the URL
      http://genealogyindexer.org/view/190713Leuchs19b/X.  If you do not see your town,
      go forward or backward using the numerical "Image" links in the top middle of the
      page.  Alternatively, you can often find a town's section by using the town's name
      as your search term (with {d667}).

      Please note that the date 1907-1913 printed on the title page might refer to the
      range of publication dates across all volumes of this edition, and not the time
      period in which information was collected for this particular volume.  If you know
      more precisely the date of publication or compilation of this volume, please
      contact me.  It is not apparent to me from the directory itself, unlike some other
      editions.  Possibly, this is clarified in the first volume, which is not online.

      This directory is available only because an anonymous donor paid for its
      digitization by the Moravian Library in Brno through the eBooks on Demand program
      (http://books2ebooks.eu), and then provided me with the images.  While the donor
      does not wish to be publicly acknowledged, I am sure that many of us will be
      grateful for this generous gift.

      Logan Kleinwaks
      kleinwaks@...
      near Washington, D.C.