YIVO archives

  • tony hausner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013
      below is an announcement re a new website for YIVO archives. I did a
      quick search and found listings for borszczow, czortkow, kalush
      (kalusz), and plock. If anyone lives in new york city, I would
      encourage you to go to YIVO and copy those materials for us.

      The YIVO Institute announced the launching of its new website, the Online
      Guide to the YIVO Archives at www.yivoarchives.org

      The new site expands and upgrades the original Guide to the YIVO Archives,
      published in 1998 by offering information on several hundred additional YIVO
      collections, as well as detailed finding aids to selected collections. The
      new website provides information to YIVO's archive of about 23,000,000
      documents, manuscripts, photographs, films, sound recordings, and art works
      and artifacts. The YIVO Archives holds materials about Jewish life around
      the world, with special focus on Jewish life in Eastern Europe, Yiddish
      language, literature and culture, the Holocaust and its aftermath and Jewish
      life in the United States with emphasis on the period of migration. YIVO
      will continue to update with newly cataloged and newly acquired collections.
      This was accomplished due to grant from the Kronhill Pletka Foundation.
      Second grant from them will enable YIVO to carry out Phase II by adding new
      databases and collections throughout 2013. Go to:
      http://www.yivoarchives.org/
      to access the archives and to read more about this project go to

      thausner@...
      safe ss facebook: http://tinyurl.com/49294zu
      http://safesilverspring.com
      http://iscaonline.com/