IAJGS talks, etc.

  • tony hausner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 4:41 PM
      I am resending as my message got sent incomplete by accident.  This srrg presentation file has additional info in it and is in an earlier version of word

      I hope that all of those in Hurricane Irene's path fare all right.  Here in Silver spring, we are getting heavy rain and moderately heavy winds, but no major problems yet.

      first, on the skala site, we have corrected the placement of photos of the Borszczow monument.  This memorial starts with:

      “In memory of the thousands of Martyred Jews of Borshchiw, Skala, Ozeryany, Koroliwka, Melnitza, Krywch and surrounding villages, murdered in the Spring of 1943 by the German Nazis and their collaborators"

      It can be found at the top of the page at

      http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/SkalaPodol/MemorialsToMartyrs.html

      I hope we can also place this link on the other town websites.

      attached are the slides that I presented at the Suchostaw Regional Research Group (SRRG) meeting at the IAJGS conference.  Thanks to Susana for all her work for that group.  See the attached talking points for more info on that.  Also attached is an expanded version of the talking points re the slides and my remarks at that session about progress for the research groups for the towns of skala, borschov, mielnitsa, and czortkow.

      I have materials for a number of the presentations at the conference if you are interested in them.

      see the conference agenda

      http://www.dc2011.org/images/stories/programinbrief11.pdf

      and list of audiotapes of several sessions.

      http://www.dc2011.org/index.php/audio-recordings

      some of the sessions of particular value for me were JRI-Poland, JOWBR, Gesher Galicia, Library of Congress, USHMM, creating online ancestral sites,  Genealogy indexer, Ancestry.com, among others.

      please let me know if you are interested in any of the talks and I will see what you have. Please contact me directly and not via the research groups.
      cell: 301-641-0497
      thausner@...
      skype: thausner
      safe ss facebook: http://tinyurl.com/49294zu