Webinars - Genetic Genealogy Demystified: Reading and Understanding Your Family Tree DNA Results

  • tony hausner
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2011
      fyi

      Subject: ***New*** Webinars - Genetic Genealogy Demystified: Reading and
      Understanding Your Family Tree DNA Results
      From: Elise Friedman <elisejg@...>
      Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 00:01:28 -0500

      JewishGenners,

      I'm pleased to announce the addition of two new genetic genealogy
      webinars to the Relative Roots Webinars schedule:

      Thursday, February 17
      Genetic Genealogy Demystified: Reading and Understanding Your Family
      Tree DNA Results
      Part 1: Y-DNA & mtDNA
      You've taken the plunge and ordered a genetic genealogy DNA test from
      Family Tree DNA, but now that you have your results, you don't
      understand them? This webinar is for you! Join us to learn how to read
      and understand your Y-DNA and mtDNA results, as well as get a virtual
      tour of your myFTDNA account.

      Thursday, February 24
      Genetic Genealogy Demystified: Reading and Understanding Your Family
      Tree DNA Results
      Part 2: Family Finder
      You've taken the plunge and ordered a genetic genealogy DNA test from
      Family Tree DNA, but now that you have your results, you don't
      understand them? This webinar is for you! Join us to learn how to read
      and understand your Family Finder results.

      Experience Level

      Both webinars are geared toward a beginner-intermediate level
      understanding of genetic genealogy.

      Times

      Each webinar will be presented twice on the same day to accommodate
      attendees in different timezones:

      Session A: 10am Pacific, 11am Mountain, 12pm Central, 1pm Eastern, 6pm
      GMT, 8pm Israel
      Session B: 5pm Pacific, 6pm Mountain, 7pm Central, 8pm Eastern, 1am
      GMT (Friday), 11am Australia (Friday)

      The webinars are only available *live* at the scheduled dates and times,
      but I'm looking into making recorded webinars available on-demand.

      Cost

      These two webinars are available for just $10 each.  I'm also offering
      a $5 discount for the February 17 webinar.  Just enter coupon code
      RRWGGD517JG in the shopping cart before checkout.

      Registration

      Registration is currently open for the February 17 webinar.
      Registration will open for the February 24 webinar by this Friday.
      For more information or to register for a webinar, visit
      http://www.relativeroots.net/webinars/, scroll down to the schedule,
      add the session that you wish to attend to the shopping cart, apply
      the coupon, and follow the instructions to complete payment and
      registration.

      March Webinars

      The webinar schedule for March is currently being planned.  The month
      will kick off with a repeat of the _free_ Genetic Genealogy for
      Beginners webinar on Tuesday, March 1.  The new Genetic Genealogy
      Demystified webinars will also be repeated as long as there is demand
      for it.  I'm also working on a webinar about managing Family Tree DNA
      projects.  And finally, I'm working on scheduling webinars on topics
      other than genetic genealogy -- the first one of those should be
      offered in either March or April.

      Future Webinar Announcements

      I will not be able to announce most future webinars to the JewishGen
      lists due to JewishGen's one-time commercial mention rule.  So if you
      would like to continue receiving announcements about upcoming
      webinars, please subscribe to the Relative Roots Webinars
      Announcements list at http://www.relativeroots.net/webinars/

      Regards,
      Elise Friedman
      Relative Roots
      www.relativeroots.net

      MODERATOR NOTE: As Elise has pointed out, this is the permitted one-time
      commercial announcement of an offering of genealogical interest. If you
      are interested in further webinars presented by Elise, please subscribe
      to her announcement list.

      cell: 301-641-0497
      skype: thausner