Yad Vashem photos online, dna

  • tony hausner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011
      two items from jewishgen email list

      1) even more photos from yad vashem can be found based on this posting

      ["term_you_are_searching"] site:collections.yadvashem.org/photosarchive

      For example: "Warsaw ghetto" site:collections.yadvashem.org/photosarchive
      will give you 164 returns whereas if you search the site directly you will
      get only 40 (the limit Yad Vashem imposed on their search engine).

      2) Subject: Repeat of Webinar - Genetic Genealogy for Beginners: DNA is the "Gene" in Genealogy
      From: "Elise Friedman" <elisejg@...>
      Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:12:48 -0500

      Due to popular demand, I'll be repeating the Genetic Genealogy webinar that
      I posted about a couple weeks ago:

      *** Genetic Genealogy for Beginners: DNA is the "Gene" in Genealogy! ***

      What is Genetic Genealogy?  What tests are available and which one should I
      order?  How much does a Genetic Genealogy test cost?  Do I need to be a
      geneticist to understand my results?

      If you're a complete beginner to Genetic Genealogy and want the answers to
      those questions and more, then this webinar is for you!  Attendees will
      learn about the history of genetic genealogy, be introduced to DNA basics
      and inheritance paths, learn about the different types of DNA tests
      available for genealogy, and learn about resources that will help you make
      the most of your Genetic Genealogy experience.

      Two sessions are scheduled to accommodate different time zones:

      Tuesday, February 1, 2011
      6pm GMT (1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific)

      Thursday, February 3, 2011
      8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific)

      Free registration is required for these webinars.  To register, please visit
      the Relative Roots Webinars page and click the registration link next to the
      date/time that you wish to attend:

      Also visit the Relative Roots Webinars page to learn about other upcoming
      webinars and sign up to receive email announcements about future webinars.
      As long as there is demand for it, I hope to repeat the beginner webinar
      during the first week of every month.  I'm also currently working on
      scheduling intermediate and advanced genetic genealogy webinars.

      At this time, webinars are only available live during the scheduled dates
      and times.

      Elise Friedman
      Boca Raton, FL

      cell: 301-641-0497