Re: [Czechlist] Abbreviation

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14, 2002
      On 2/14/02 5:23 PM, "Kostas Zgafas" <kzgafas@...> wrote:

      > Any idea about the abbreviation "P & L" in the following sentence?
      >
      > Please indicate the P & L in which you work. (If you do not work for a
      > single P&L, select "Other/Support")

      I guess it's not profit & loss.... What's the context?
      Michael

      ****PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW PHONE NUMBERS****
      Tel. (+1-512) 989-7480, Fax (+1-512) 989-2428
    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 14, 2002
        On 2/14/02 6:34 PM, "Kostas Zgafas" <kzgafas@...> wrote:

        > It´s one of items to be filled out in an employee survey. The part of it
        > looks like this:
        > Could it be "position and level"?

        No, you don't work "for" a position and level. Sounds like some kind of
        organizational unit within the company, but nothing specific comes to mind.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
          Kostas wrote:

          > Any idea about the abbreviation "P & L" in the following
          sentence?

          Hey, folks, vote for me and I'll outlaw abbreviations.
          Before then, go to www.acronymfinder.com.

          It gives Production & Logisticas for this one.

          Jirka Bolech
        • jurpelka
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 15, 2002
            Hi Kostas,

            Just an afterthought - could it be Programs and Languages? (In case
            the contaext is comupter/linguistics)

            Jiri

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18, 2008
              Do abbreviations in tables, etc., such as "13K€" and "5K€" bother you
              native speakers out there, particularly the British? Do you prefer to
              frame the figures in a different way?

              They don't bother me, but I'm trying to figure out if I've just got
              translator fatigue or not.

              Jamie
            • Gerald Turner
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2009
                On an official stamp of the Czech Foreign Ministry from 1998
                superlegalising a document are the initials

                ^C. leg. rej.

                Help in deciphering appreciated.

                Gerry

                --