Re: [Czechlist] CHAT Just Fish (was: Cz vs Eng)

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2002
      > Anyone like to tell me a usable and credible Czech for my favourite
      catching
      > and eating sea fish, the (European) bass Dicentrarchus labrax? It used to
      > run up as far as Slovakia before the punchdrunk commie scumbag cut it off
      > from the ocean with his useless dam.

      Hi Tony,

      I am afraid I am not an fish expert even after the fisherman detective
      story, but for bass, I have got the following hits in my dico:

      kanic
      okoun morský (evropsky)

      or vlkous obecny (???) for sea bass

      Does it give any sense, aside from saying that bass is a way from any okoun?
      :-)

      Martin
    • Rubková
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
        Tony wrote:

        > Anyone like to tell me a usable and credible Czech for my favourite
        catching
        > and eating sea fish, the (European) bass Dicentrarchus labrax? It used to
        > run up as far as Slovakia before the punchdrunk commie scumbag cut it off
        > from the ocean with his useless dam.

        Hi Tony,

        Dicentrarchus labrax is in Czech mor^c^a'k chutny'

        Sarka

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com