act of God/Force Majeur

  • Petr Jarol�m
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2002
      Dear List,

      Acts of God and Force Majeur are often mentioned in legal docs. Acts of Good
      are floods, earthquake, fire. Force Majeure are, as I understand it, work
      stoppages, governmental actions and such. Are there two nice Czech
      equivalents or is it only vyssi moc or zasah vyssi moci?

      Thanks
      Hana Jarolimova
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
        My Millenium offers also "vis major", but I have never seen it used. Vyssi moc is the only one I use and have seen used.
        HTH
        Acts of God and Force Majeur are often mentioned in legal docs. Acts of Good
        are floods, earthquake, fire. Force Majeure are, as I understand it, work
        stoppages, governmental actions and such. Are there two nice Czech
        equivalents or is it only vyssi moc or zasah vyssi moci?

        Thanks
        Hana Jarolimova

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

      • Rubková
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
          I have seen it used in several official texts like contracts.

          Sarka

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2002
            Thanks, Martin and Sarka.
            "Vis major" could be a solution.