RE: FW: [Czechlist] trying to trace a favorite family casserole, and also need info about dzuvec, and a traditional Czech costume

  • Grant, Tanja
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2002
      Hi Dora,
      Your recipe below reminds me of what my Mom used to make back in Serbia.
      However she did not use ground meat but rather chopped into small cubes.
      Like I said earlier, I am not a great cook and that's why I looked up on
      Serbian internet site (www.serbiancafe.com) where they have discussion on
      traditional cooking. Although there are quite a few types of "djuvec"- some
      people also call these variations Becar paprikas or Rizoto. It has been
      confirmed to me that your recipe is definitely djuvec. My husband and I have
      also lived in Czech Republic for a while and I don't remember ever eating
      anything like that over there.
      I just may try it out one of these days myself.
      Sorry I couldn't help you more.

      Tanja Grant
      TGWorld Travel
      tanja@...