Re: partner association/professional partnership

  • Dusan Papousek
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2002
      I am not expert in this field but because I understand that this question is
      still open, I decided to contribute. Actually, I was inspired by the
      definition given below by Jiri in German. The Czech translation of the
      German definition is as follows:

      "Spolecnost obcanskych prav zalozena s ohledem na vykonavani urcitych
      svobodnych povolani".

      I would therefore propose

      "Sdruzeni na ochranu svobodnych povolani"

      How does it sound to you, Jiri?

      D. P.

      Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:18:05 -0000
      From: "jurpelka" <gtp1@...>
      Subject: partner association/professional partnership into Czech

      Dear friends,

      I need help in translating the term "partner association/professional
      partnership" into Czech.

      It is used in the context of Communication from the Commission on the
      transfer of SMEs.

      Eurovoc's definition: partner association/professional partnership =
      partnership established for the exercise of certain liberal
      professions.

      There are some suggestions in Czech, e.g. "spoleènost s podílovým
      vlastnictvím, profesionální sdruzení".

      Anglicko-èeský odborní slovník z oblasti daòové a úèetní (Linde,
      1996) has neither term with adjective "partner", nor "professional".
      Of course, it does have zillion possibilities for both "associatin"
      and "partnership".

      NB German and French versions with definitions found in Eurovoc are
      as follows

      Partnerschaftsgesellschaft/Gemeinschaftspraxis = Im Hinblick auf die
      Ausübung bestimmter freier Berufe gegründete Gesellschaft des
      bürgerlichen Rechts.

      Francais - association de personnes en profession libérale/société
      civile professionnelle = créée dans le cadre de l'exercice de
      certaines professions libérales.

      NB In the entire text there is also often used
      term "partnership/Personengesellschaft/société de personnes" that is
      translated into Czech as "osobni spolecnost" (therefore, I have to
      find anything BUT "osobni spolecnost").

      TIA

      Jiri Pelka