Re: [Czechlist] some IT terminology

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2000
      Thanks to Coilin, Zdenek and Melvyn. Its clear now.

      The important thing is that I know not to use "dowloadovat".-:))

      K.

      > FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

      > eGroups eLerts
      >
      > Czechlist homepage:
      > http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist
      >
      > Community email addresses:
      > Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
      > Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
      > Digest: Czechlist-digest@egroups.com

    • Michael Grant
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2000
        >My question: what does the "track" exactly stand for?

        Usually a track is one song, but it sometimes happens that two songs
        may be combined into one track or, conversely, that a longer piece
        may be split into multiple tracks (e.g. movements in a symphony). I
        haven't used MP3, but on a CD player a track is basically the unit
        for which the number changes on the LED display and that you can skip
        back and forth to.

        >And in the sentence:
        >"When held down during playback, searches forwards through the track."
        >Q: What is the "playback" exactly?

        Playback is just playing the music so you can listen to it.

        HTH,
        Michael

        Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413