Re: [Czechlist] FUN: Least-wanted list

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
      A nice list indeed. I would be strongly in favour of banning functionality, for one. But the friendly fire sounds great too.

      Cheers!
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "Martin Janda" <martinjanda@v...> wrote:
        > A nice list indeed. I would be strongly in favour of banning
        functionality, for one.

        Ah but then how would we translate 'funkcnost'?

        Martin, many thanks for your New Year's greeting. As I am the kind of
        cheapskate who reuses old Christmas cards, and as such a fine
        sentiment is expressed in your greeting, I would like to recycle it
        here:

        The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in
        your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of
        right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's
        plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily
        bread are the sweetest things in life. Robert Louis Stevenson

        M.
      • jurpelka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
          Zdravim vsechny lidi dobre vule,

          ten seznam by bylo prihodne vypracovat i v cestine - mi favorite by
          byly terminy a spojeni jako napr.

          - humanni bombardovani
          - kobercove bombardovani
          - ekoteroriste, ekoterorismus, zeleni teroriste, zeleny terorismus
          - tato zeme, tento stat, tato republika (KDYZ CESKY POLITIK HOVORI O
          CESKE REPUBLICE, NAMISTO ABY REKL "NASE ZEME, NAS STAT, NASE
          REPUBLIKA")
          - opozicni smlouva, smluvni opozice
          - sametova revoluce
          - pliziva evropska integrace
          - je to "o" necem
          - desivy, desive, straslivy, straslive
          - ja bych jenom chtel podotknout
          - to je mimo me chapani, to jde mimo me, to je mimo mou rozlisovaci
          schonost apod.
          - byt za vodou
          - penize jsou az na prvnim miste
          - nespravne pouzivani mekkeho "i" v minulem case, obcas viditelne na
          sportovnich strankach deniku, jako napr. "fotbalove organy se ...
          dohodli"
          - prekladani anglickeho "Call me ASAP" jako "ZAVOLEJTE MI PANA ASAPA"

          Tesim se na doplneni.

          Jirka
        • jurpelka
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2002
            Hi Martin and Melvyn,

            I would add the old phrase that "The best things in life are for
            free".

            Jirka