Re: [Czechlist] Re: lead batteries, accumulators

  • Tony Long
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      Stay with Jirka on this one, too technical or not. Please note that
      'accumulator' is now virtually unused in English; the AmE battery vs BrE
      accumulator is no longer valid - if it ever was (I've seen 'accumulator'
      used in early American scientific texts, too). The only person I ever knew
      who used 'accumulator' for 'battery' was born in the 1880's. He was a farmer
      from deepest Devon and his speech was littered with archaic forms that
      created much amusement when I used them at primary school in the early
      1950's.

      Best

      Tony
    • Sabina Králová
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2002
        Thanks everybody for their help! I am going to ask the client for
        clarification. Sabina