DPH-VAT & payment question

  • Josef Aron
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2001
      Hi,
      is there anybody with an experience with translating for a foreign customer?
      Could you tell me sth. about following questions?

      - am I obligated to charge VAT in this case (as Polish translators according
      to their law have to do)?
      - what is supposed to be the best way to be paid? Check? Wire transfer?

      Thanks a lot.

      Josef
    • Rubková
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2001
        Hi,
        I have no idea about VAT, but to be paid by a check is not the best idea
        because it takes 5 weeks before the check is verified and paid to your
        account. I usually use SWIFT transfer.

        Sarka

        Post message: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2001
          Hi Pepa,

          check my view belows
          HIH
          Martin

          > - am I obligated to charge VAT in this case (as Polish translators
          according
          > to their law have to do)?
          ¨Never heard about such duty. I don´t do it.

          > - what is supposed to be the best way to be paid? Check? Wire transfer?
          Wire is not cheap, but the most convenient and quicker way. Witch check,
          you´ll pay about 1-3% anyway, and still have to fill out forms and papers
          and wait several weeks. You might like consider postal order, it´s cost-free
          for you and convenient as well, but as it makes some extra hassle for your
          customer, they are not very keen about it.
        • Petr Jarol�
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 20, 2001
            If translation is provided on the territory of the Czech Republic, you shall
            charge the customer your fee plus VAT. If the translation is provided
            abroad, you shall charge only your fee.
            Regards
            Hana

            > is there anybody with an experience with translating for a foreign
            customer?
            > Could you tell me sth. about following questions?
            >
            > - am I obligated to charge VAT in this case (as Polish translators
            according
            > to their law have to do)?
            > - what is supposed to be the best way to be paid? Check? Wire transfer?
            >
            > Thanks a lot.
            >
            > Josef

          • Josef Aron