Re: [Czechlist] POZOR!!! VIRUS I LOVE YOU!!! POHOV!!!

  • Kostas Zgafas
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2000
      What did it do to you exactly?

      Kostas

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Martin Janda <martinjanda@...>
      To: <Czechlist@egroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 3:05 PM
      Subject: [Czechlist] POZOR!!! VIRUS I LOVE YOU!!! POHOV!!!

      > too late..... :-(((
      >
      > Martin
      > (who was too confident in his antivirus and now is purging his desktop)
      >

      > > Good morning!
      > > I think this is the virus that disabled many computer systems all over
      > > Europe, including those in the British House of Commons!
      > > Rachel
      > > PS I don't know if it's always a good idea to send virus warnings to
      the
      > > list (we get an awful lot here) -- but this one is pretty virulent (!)
      so
      > > thought I should pass it on. What do you think, Melvyn (and others)?
      > > -------------------
      > > Subject: POZOR!!! VIRUS I LOVE YOU!!! POZORO!!!
      >

      > Czech<>English translation resources page:
      >
      > Czechlist archives:
      > http://www.egroups.com/messages/Czechlist
      >
      > Czechlist homepage:
      > http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist
      >
      > Community email addresses:
      > Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
      > Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
      > Digest: Czechlist-digest@egroups.com

    • Zdenek_Bobek
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2000
        read www.undergroung.cz for detailed information

        Zdenek
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2000
          Destroyed some jpgs, mostly temporary Internet files - that is, now there
          is the virus under the old file´s names with a .vbs extension (something
          like picture.jpg.vbs) and should have done the same with mp3 - if I had any
          :-). Changed some lines in the registry and tried to use my ftp client to
          get further part of the virus from somewhere else (without success, as I
          blocked it). Tried to send itself by my mailer - but I am using MSIE instead
          of MS Outlook, so it was a failure again. All in all, not that much a harm -
          all my docs have survived, applications are running, and as to the files
          rewritten, they are furtunately easy to find due to the -vbs extension. It
          could have been worse. Much worse. A good lesson to be drawn - for me and
          perhaps for some of you as well.

          Martin

          P.S: To answer your possible concerns: my time lag in answering is due to a
          biking holiday spent nearby Marianske Lazne, not a three-day collapse of my
          desktop.

          P.P.S I was unable to access the site Zdenek has suggested, but got some
          other hints if ouy get infected - details off-list upon request.