TERM: planzeta

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
      Hello there,

      Is anybody familiar with printed circuit board production terminology? There is this "planzeta" (planz^eta), translation of which
      even in its general meaning isn't easy to find out about in a dictionary, but it has a quite specific meaning in the PCB making
      business. I got the following description from the client:

      "Planzeta ( sitotiskova
      planzeta pro SMD osazavani soucastek ) je plech o romeru ca. 300 x 560 mm a
      0,15 mm tloustka do ktereho jsou technologii leptani vyleptany otvory, ktere
      odpovidaji pajecim ploskam na plosnem spoji"

      I will appreciate any hints or advice.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
        Haven´t found it either in my dicos, but if these tiny parts arte to be
        mounted directly on the "plech", I would go for board, or, if it´s just a
        support for such board, I would simply use (board) support. But just
        guesssing.

        Cheers!