ABBREVIATIONs: LH/NS wheels, PL moldings

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2001
      Hello,

      Oh, I love those abbreviations, don't I? Our Detroit fella could most likely
      help me with these. "LH/NS Wheels" and "PL Moldings" are just examples of
      "Platform/Part Description" in a DaimlerChrysler text about their software
      to handle suppliers' production capacities. Not a big deal whether I
      translate them at all or not, but it might be useful to know one day. Can
      you help?

      By the way, the line at issue is followed by this:

      "The Common Process name can only be 18 characters long, so abbreviations
      will likely be needed. Use abbreviations that will be easily understood by
      others viewing the information, and are as descriptive as possible."

      How thoughtful! I still love you, abbreviations.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2001
        --- In Czechlist@y..., "Jirka Bolech" <jirka.bolech@s...> wrote:
        > Hello,

        Hi Jirka,

        > Oh, I love those abbreviations, don't I?

        YSAHD :)

        "LH/NS Wheels"

        Nothing on Google for "LH/NS Wheels" as I'm sure you found out, but
        then in a flash of inspiration, nay, pure genius, I looked up "LH
        wheels" and "NS wheels" _separately_! Sure enough, "LH wheels" often
        crops up contrasted with "RH wheels" so no prizes for guessing what
        that might be. As for NS, how about 'nickel-silver'?

        {{:>x <---- my 'I'm not just a pretty face' smiley.

        Melvyn