Re: [Czechlist] How to not infect your friends

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi Martin,

      Not a big expert, but can't see how this would stop the worm from sending
      itself to other addresses in your address book, unless it's a poorly
      programmed virus which will stop after one of the addresses it tries to send
      itself to is undeliverable, plus if this is going round, then the people who
      amuse themselves with writing worms already know and will be doing something
      to avoid it......

      Still, you will at least know about it sooner, question remains, however, if
      people
      daft enough to get these elementary viruses will be smart enough to fix
      them......:)

      There's been much more viruses recently and I wonder how people can be so
      stupid as to open weird attachments from addresses they've never heard of
      before, but my anti-virus usually catches them ok as it updates itself
      everytime I go on the Internet......

      Happy bug-free day......

      Matej

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        Not being a bug expert either, I understood the mailer would stop sending if
        the first mail is undeliverable (i.e. the address contains syntax errors),
        but just guessing.
        Anyway, I tried (id did not take too much time nor money). The first time
        you receive a auto-mailed virus from me, you´ll be sure it did not work. :-)

        Cheers!

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/