Re: [Czechlist] HELP:TERMS dopinani/ tvarovy prvek

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
      Are we having problems up at Yahoo again? I replied to Coilin's querry a
      week ago and there's a fresh reply now...?

      Have you ever heard of a predpinane pazeni, Hana? I haven't, would be a bit
      too expensive for a temporary structure.....I think what they meant was that
      the sheeting (pazeni) is going to be pushed/pulled to get it back to the
      original shape after it moved/collapsed, whatever, the same action, really,
      but something different from post-stressing must be used to describe it.....

      Matej

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi Matej,
        no idea what went wrong (viruses?, ISP failure?) but my email left my
        computer on Thursday 29 Nov.
        Concerning the terminology, I just wanted to help Coilin and did my best,
        using my technical background and knowledge. As I understand it: there is a
        kind of pre-bent sheet or, maybe, a sheet supported by braces. After the
        trench is embedded in concrete, the sheet shall retain its original shape.
        You know, with no context it is always a matter of discussion...
        Hana

        > Are we having problems up at Yahoo again? I replied to Coilin's querry a
        > week ago and there's a fresh reply now...?
        >
        > Have you ever heard of a predpinane pazeni, Hana? I haven't, would be a
        bit
        > too expensive for a temporary structure.....I think what they meant was
        that
        > the sheeting (pazeni) is going to be pushed/pulled to get it back to the
        > original shape after it moved/collapsed, whatever, the same action,
        really,
        > but something different from post-stressing must be used to describe
        it.....

        > Matej

      • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
          Thanks to Matej and Hana for their suggestions with dopinani etc.

          I eventually asked the client and he didn´t know what it was either. He now
          has to ask the guy who drafted the document. Hopefully he will get back to
          me and let me know what the hell it is. I´ll tell you all if he comes up
          with anything.

          Thanks again

          Coilin
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2001
            Hana,
            > Hi Matej,
            > no idea what went wrong (viruses?, ISP failure?) but my email left my
            > computer on Thursday 29 Nov.

            That took a while....

            > Concerning the terminology, I just wanted to help Coilin and did my best,
            > using my technical background and knowledge.

            I didn't mean my reply in a bad way, just thought that this type of dopinani
            wasn't applicable here.....

            As I understand it: there is a
            > kind of pre-bent sheet or, maybe, a sheet supported by braces. After the
            > trench is embedded in concrete, the sheet shall retain its original shape.

            There usually isn't aby concrete, pazeni is made of steel profiles,
            sheeting, wood, whatever and it's a temporary structure to prevent the sides
            of the excavation from caving in....

            > You know, with no context it is always a matter of discussion...

            Indeed, I only guessed from the bit where they were talking about mereni a
            navrat do puvodniho stavu, but I could be wrong.....we'll see what Colin's
            client comes up with.....

            Matej