RE: [Czechlist] HELP!

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2000
      >Hi there!

      >Does anyone by any chance know if there is a special word in Czech for the
      black money spider? If there is a "scientific" latin name either that might
      do instead

      Google tells me there are several:
      Liniphyia triangularis
      Neriene montana
      Neriene clathrata
      Florionia bucculenta
      Stemonyphantes lineatus
      Oedothorax apicatus
      Ostearius melanopygius

      Not sure about the Czech - could it be what they call stistko or is that
      red???

      Fuj, fuj

      Melvyn

      FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
    • JNewton149@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2000
        In a message dated 03/May/2000 14:56:14 GMT Daylight Time,
        translations@... writes:

        > Does anyone by any chance know if there is a special word in Czech for the
        > black money spider? If there is a "scientific" latin name either that
        might
        > do instead

        Don't know about the Czech word for it, but the Oxford Dictionary tells me
        it's Aranea scenica.
        John
      • Skrivanek Prague - Coilin/Rachel
        Message 3 of 3 , May 15, 2000
          Hi there! I'd just like to thank you all (too numerous to mention) for the
          help you gave me with such terms as money spiders and time baskets over the
          last few weeks. I only hope I can return the favour someday.

          Best regards

          Coilin
          Coilin O' Connor/Rachel Thompson
          International Project Managers