HELP!

  • Skrivanek Prague - Coilin/Rachel
    Message 1 of 7 , May 3 6:54 AM
      Hi there!

      Does anyone by any chance know if there is a special word in Czech for the
      black money spider? If there is a "scientific" latin name either that might
      do instead

      MMMTIA

      Coilin
      Coilin O' Connor/Rachel Thompson
      International Project Managers
      Skrivanek Translation Services
      Na Dolinach 20, Praha 4
      CZECH REPUBLIC
      Tel.: +420 2 4143 0022
      Fax.: +420 2 4143 1127
      E-mail: translations@...
      www.skrivanek.cz

      From: Kostas Zgafas <kzgafas@...>
      To: Czechlist@egroups.com <Czechlist@egroups.com>
      Date: 28. dubna 2000 12:40
      Subject: Re: [Czechlist] Valtice trip

      Hi Todd:

      Me and my wife will go. But we will go back on Sunday.
      We will go by car, so we will be happy to take 2 people with us. It
      would be great, Todd, if you could book 2 beds for us in an inexpensive, but
      clean pension(hotel). But I realize that it might be a hassle for you, so I
      will appreciate it if you give me a name (phone no) of a convenient facility
      which is also close to the cellar.

      Kostas

      Czechlist homepage:
      http://www.egroups.com/group/Czechlist

      Community email addresses:
      Post message: Czechlist@egroups.com
      Subscribe: Czechlist-subscribe@egroups.com
      Digest: Czechlist-digest@egroups.com
    • Stanislav Zizka
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2001
        Hi all,

        would anybody have any idea about the following business terms - they relate
        to the car documents?

        1/ Total NV (New Vehicles) Seat sold completely SALES too high / low
        *!sold completely - zcela prodano
        *!too high / low - an error message when the user enters figures that are ou
        tside the
        minimum/maximum ranges. An error message does appear.

        2/ Sales A6 NV Retail >0 then sold Units A6 NV Retail >0
        ? Trzby NV Maloobchod >0 potom prodej (prodano) POCET A6 NV Maloobcod >0
        ! then sold:

        3/ A1 A2 NV Retail Sales-COGS not equal GP (Gross Profit)
        * A1 A2 NV Maloobchod TRZBY-NAKLADY nerovna (neodopovida, neshoduje s) HZ (H
        rubemu zisku)
        *! not equal (e. g. "T13 not equal to Z19"):

        Many thanks for your prompt help.

        Standa Zizka
      • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2001
          In a message dated 1/22/01 3:22:12 AM, stanislav.zizka@... writes:

          >would anybody have any idea about the following business terms - they relate
          >to the car documents?

          This isn't properly thought of as a car document, but as a computer document,
          but I work in car country, so I'll try this.

          >1/ Total NV (New Vehicles) Seat sold completely SALES too high / low
          >*!sold completely - zcela prodano

          "Sold completely" is a mystery to me here, unless it means cars that are sold
          outright and not leased or financed with loans. "Seat" is that Spanish car
          brand owned by Volkswagen.

          >*!too high / low - an error message when the user enters figures that are
          >outside the minimum/maximum ranges. An error message does appear.

          I think that part is clear to you, right? If it's not, please explain
          exactly what you don't understand. The program is giving an alert that says,
          "Too High," or, "Too Low," when the user enters numbers that are above a
          preset maximum or below a preset minimum.

          >2/ Sales A6 NV Retail >0 then sold Units A6 NV Retail >0
          >
          >? Trzby NV Maloobchod >0 potom prodej (prodano) POCET A6 NV Maloobcod >0
          >! then sold:

          I would assume this is:
          Trzby A6 novych vozu Maloobchod >0 potom prodej (prodano) POCET A6 novych
          vozu Maloobcod >0

          "NV" definitely stands for "new vehicle". "A6" has to be a line field or
          screen number in the program itself. This is where you need to ask the
          client.

          >3/ A1 A2 NV Retail Sales-COGS not equal GP (Gross Profit)
          >
          >* A1 A2 NV Maloobchod TRZBY-NAKLADY nerovna (neodopovida, neshoduje s)
          >HZ (H rubemu zisku)

          I would bet "COGS" stands for "Cost of Gross Sales", and not just "expenses",
          as you have it translated, but you need to check this.

          >*! not equal (e. g. "T13 not equal to Z19"):
          >
          >Many thanks for your prompt help.
          >

          >Standa Zizka
          >

          >Add your details to the Czechlist translators' database:
          >

          >http://www.egroups.com/database/Czechlist

        • Michael Grant
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2001
            >I would bet "COGS" stands for "Cost of Gross Sales", and not just "expenses",
            >as you have it translated, but you need to check this.

            My understanding is that COGS stands for "Cost of Goods Sold" (which
            amounts to the same thing).

            Michael

            Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
              Anyone interested in helping with a CZ to ENG construction translation?

              It's a "technicka zprava" for a large hotel/administrative complex -
              different trades, quite a lot of it, to be done by Wed next week......(feel
              free to Email even if you don't have time now but are interested for the
              future - there should be more of this stuff).

              I'm looking for someone with at least basic understanding of construction
              terminology and experience in this type of translation, Czech (as well as
              English) natives welcome :),

              source material (in CZ and ENG) available.

              Please contact me off-list if interested.

              Thanks

              Matej Klimes

              Email: mklimes@...

              SMS via Email: ++420602220379@...
            • p_landon
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 29, 2002
                Coilin, are you still working in the darn city of Prague?????

                Old employee,
                Patrick

                --- In Czechlist@y..., "Skrivanek Prague - Coilin/Rachel"

              • Jan Culka
                Message 7 of 7 , May 26 5:51 AM
                  Vazeni,
                  mam hotovy preklad tykajici se inspekci plynovodu - vady potrubi, svary,
                  merici jezci (nebo jezky?).
                  Bohuzel jsem uplne v koncich s pojmem "box matching"
                  Jedine dve vety, ktere to obsahuji, jsoiu tyto:

                  When doing box matching, it is necessary to see changes in reported depth of
                  more than 15% wt in order to be 95 % confident that it is real growth.

                  (The company) has access to the raw inspection data and can therefore do
                  signal matching rather then box matching having proven software for
                  conducting this type of analysis.

                  Nemate nekdo poneti, co to je?

                  Honza