Re: [Czechlist] Valtice trip

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2000
      HI Todd,
      As to me, I´ll be happy to come and have no problems with sleeping on the floor, grass, or in a tent (whatever is easier for you). If there is no better car to share, I can take along/offer my old Skoda 105.

      Looking forward to both cellar and castle
      Martin

      OK here's the latest.

      Just spoke to a man with a sklep in Pavlov. We're tentatively booked there for Saturday afternoon, 13 May. It's an old acquaintance who has the best wine you'll find, and a great cellar, under an old castle, etc.

      One thing: are those of you who are coming planning to tent out or sleeping bag it on the floor in the back of the shop? Don't worry, it's relatively clean, with bathroom and shower facilities, but a cold floor. If so, no prob, no worries, and no expense. If not, it might be good if I find you a pension. Let me know, commercial accommodation capacity is low here, and things are usually booked well in advance.

    • Todd Hammond
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2000
        Dear Kostas

        Sorry for delay in answering - life draws me 4 days away from the computer, and I feel great!

        The best way to arrange accommodation around here is to call the TIK (tourist info center) in Mikulov or Valtice. They are good people - I know them. They will help you find what you want in this area. I'm sorry I'm too busy, and also afraid to "screw up the order", so best leave it to the pros. If you can't find anyplace, I can put you up at our house - we could take a couple of people, I'm sorry I can't offer that service to everyone, but the house ain't big enough! In any case, accommodation is assured, so it's no reason to cancel the trip if everything turns out to be booked.

        Thanks, look forward to seeing you

        Todd