MEETING and other business

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2000
      Hi everybody,

      For lack of any better ideas, Simon, Rachel and I checked out the U Kotvy
      beer-garden on
      Spalena and found it decent enough for our next Czechlist meeting:

      Wednesday 3rd May 6 pm in the beer-garden at U Kotvy. Newcomers welcome as
      always.

      Another point: I made a suggestion at our last meeting that Czechlist should
      have its remit
      defined along the lines of the Lantra FAQ e.g.:

      translation theory and practice
      grammatical and lexical problems in both languages
      terminology problems
      resources for the translator on the Internet and elsewhere
      translation tools and computer aids in general
      court, conference and community interpreting
      culture, history and realia with reference to the translation problems
      involved
      sociolinguistics
      psycholinguistics
      professional ethics for interpreters and translators
      education and training of interpreters and translators
      job offers
      etc

      All translators, interpreters, educators and others who have an interest in
      these matters are welcome to this community.

      I think that all this is covered by the group description on the Czechlist
      homepage (see below) anyway, but if you think that any other explicit areas
      should be added, do please comment on-list or off-list as you will. I have
      also considered the notion that Czechlist should "curtail" its activities
      but frankly I find this just as daft as the notion that adults should
      refrain
      from discussing issues that concern them because they might get upset and
      fall out. OK?

      Melvyn

      FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com
    • Otto Pacholik
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2000
        Melvyn,

        > For lack of any better ideas, Simon, Rachel and I checked out the U Kotvy
        > beer-garden on
        > Spalena and found it decent enough for our next Czechlist meeting:
        >
        > Wednesday 3rd May 6 pm in the beer-garden at U Kotvy. Newcomers welcome as
        > always.

        Do you think you will be still there at about 7.30 p.m.? Tomorrow, I cannot
        come earlier. Otherwise, we shall meet next time.

        Otto