ADMIN: Valtice trip

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2000
      Hello everybody,

      The current state of play with the planned trip to visit Todd in Valtice is
      as follows:

      Irena, Otto, Rachel, Simon, Martin J., Zdenek, Vlasta, Kostas and his wife +
      yours truly have
      expressed a strong interest in going down there for the weekend of 13/14
      May.

      On the phone, Todd has assured me that nobody will be without a roof, he can
      fit those who
      are willing to rough it into his shop and back room and he has a large tent
      which sleeps 4-6 people.
      Cosy. Apart from that, the best opportunities for accommodation are
      apparently in the nearby
      town of Breclav, which is a CZK 150 taxi-ride away, and in Mikulov. More
      details on these will be forthcoming shortly.

      As for transport, Todd tells me the express train from Prague is a nice way
      to travel.

      Some sample times:

      Friday:
      Hlavni nad. 12.12
      Breclav 16.24

      Breclav 16.49
      Valtice 17.03

      Sunday:

      Valtice 11.45
      Breclav 11.57

      Breclav 12.33
      Prague 16.11

      There is also the bus.

      Friday:

      Florenc 14.30
      Breclav 18.00

      Breclav 18.25
      Valtice 18.54

      Sunday
      Valtice 9.39
      Breclav 10.05

      Breclav 13.15
      Florenc 17.05

      Other times can be found on the Idos Universal timetables:
      http://www.vlak-bus.cz/Conn.asp?tt=2
      (from www.seznam.cz follow "cestovani" then "jizdni rady, zeleznice a
      autobusy" then "jizdni
      rady" then "Idos Universal")

      Kostas has offered a lift in his car for a couple of people on Saturday 13th
      March and there is also Zdenek's offer of a lift from Brno.

      Todd can book a wine cellar for Saturday with a minimum of five people. He
      says that if you
      are willing to cough up a couple of hundred crowns, there are some excellent
      rare vintages
      available. For my part, while this is a pleasant little extra, I do not
      consider it the most
      important thing and Todd says there are other ways for us to enjoy ourselves
      there too.

      Please direct any corrections to the above info or any queries on the trip
      to me privately by e-mail or phone (0603 942 957). I would be especially
      interested to hear of your preferences for time of travel (Friday or
      Saturday) so we can maybe get a group of us to go together. Will do my best
      to coordinate and keep you all posted.

      Have a nice long weekend.

      Melvyn

      FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com