Re: [Czechlist] RE: Names of cities

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28, 2000
      >Another "issue" is whether to translate things like "Prazske vodarny a
      >kanalizace" or not (or to put the translation into brackets)?

      If it's a "company" you should definitely use the Czech name, and
      include the translation in parentheses on first mention if necessary.
      If it's just a city department, I think you're fine just translating
      it ("Prague Water and Sewer" or "P. Water and Wastewater", maybe--not
      "P. Water Plants and Canalization" please ;-) ).

      Michael

      Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (817) 514-6413